The Centaurus High School Music Department believes that the quality of a student’s life is uniquely enriched in essential ways by the development of skills and values learned in the creation and/or performance of the fine arts. Vocal and instrumental music encourage the student to function on multiple intellectual, analytical, thoughtful and expressive levels.
Sing or perform on instruments, alone and with others, a varied
repertoire of music.
- Improvise on melodies, variations and accomplishments.
- Compose and arrange music with specific guidelines.
- Read and notate music.
- Listen to, analyze and describe music.
- Evaluate music and music performance.
- Understand relationships between music, the other arts and disciplines outside of the arts.
- Understand music in relation to history and culture.
- Model excellence and discipline through the process of performing music in large ensembles.